Influenza information for hospital visitors
TULSA, Okla. (January 18, 2018) – Oklahoma hospitals are seeing an influx of influenza patients. Due to the high volume of ill patients and the ability of influenza to spread from person to person, the following recommendations are offered to visitors:
- Do not visit if you are ill or have been in contact with those who have been ill with respiratory symptoms.
- Visitation should be restricted to those 18 years and older.
- Visits should be by patient request only.
- Consider other forms of visitation via social media or telephone.
- If you must visit, please sanitize your hands, cover coughs and sneezes and follow any posted isolation guidelines.