St. John Palliative Care serves patients suffering with chronic or life-threatening illness.
We recognize people living with serious illness may need expert symptom management, as well as spiritual and emotional support. Comfort, quality of life and curative therapies are key aspects of our care.
The Palliative Care team at St. John includes:
- A board-certified physician with training in intensive, palliative and hospice care
- A nurse trained to treat life-threatening illnesses explains the disease process and promotes informed choices
- A social worker counsels patients and family members about interpersonal issues, lifestyle changes and hospital discharge planning
- A chaplain or other member of the pastoral care team offers spiritual and emotional support according to the individual’s needs
- A pharmacist facilitates pain and symptom management
- A registered dietician serves as a resource for nutritional considerations in the patient plan of care
This service is available to inpatients and in collaboration with the patient’s primary care physician. Some palliative care measures are also available through St. John home health and Hospice.
To contact the St. John Palliative Care program, please call 918-744-2930.