St. John Pulmonary Rehab program provides you with tools to better manage your respiratory problems and help reduce your risk of recurrent infection and progression of your lung disease.
Our team consists of a respiratory therapist and exercise physiologists who will help you manage your shortness of breath and improve your quality of life.
Pulmonary Rehab meets two to three times per week for exercise and education. We begin with seated exercises in our studio and transition to gym equipment. Each session, we will monitor your oxygen saturation, rate of perceived breathlessness and rate of perceived fatigue. St. John Pulmonary Rehab also offers aquatic rehab, a good option if you have orthopedic issues, joint pain or enjoy the water.
Space is limited; talk with your healthcare team to determine if this program is right for you. Our education classes focus on a variety of topics, such as lung disease management, medication, nutrition, stress management, exercise and many more.
Pulmonary rehab benefits:
- Reduce symptoms of shortness of breath
- Decrease yearly exacerbations and hospitalizations
- Build muscular strength for ambulation and upper extremity activities
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety or depression
- Improve activities of daily living
- Improve quality of life
- Learn more about your disease, treatment options and chronic disease coping strategies
- Reduce your dependence on costly medical resources
- Maintain healthy behaviors
*Facts from American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehab • www.aacvpr.org
St. John Pulmonary Rehab is available for patients diagnosed with:
- Obstructive lung disease:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Restrictive lung disease:
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Obesity-related hypoventilation
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Lung transplant
- Lung cancer
Most major insurance companies like Medicare cover a large portion of pulmonary rehab. A physician referral is required.
Call 918-744-3635 with questions.