CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING ARE HALLMARKS OF THE ST. JOHN NURSING HERITAGE.
Nurses at St. John have access to extensive support services, including clinical educators, a professional development office and on-site education programs.
Additional support includes:
- Trained preceptors – preceptors are chosen by the unit and are required to attend a preceptor workshop before being placed with a new nurse.
- Unit orientation – specific to unit/patient needs
- Clinical ladder – levels 1 through 5 are available.
- Nursing Shared Leadership– ensuring that the voice of the bedside nurse is heard.
- Attractive, flexible scheduling options – 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts, weekends only and flex time. Scholarship opportunities are also available.
Professional Education Courses
St. John offers a variety of professional education courses for nurses including:
- BLS Healthcare Provider CPR (Nurses Only)
- BLS Healthcare Provider Renewal (Nurses Only)
- ACLS Provider Course (two day course)
- ACLS Retrain-Only Course
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - 2 day course
- Breastfeeding Educator Workshop
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)-2 day course
All classes are located at St. John Medical Center and require payment upon enrollment. Please visit the St. John PulseLine online calendar or call 918-744-0123 for more information about dates and fees.
Recognizing that many associates desire to further their knowledge or skill through education, St. John has established a tuition reimbursement program. Associates are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity for self-development and growth.
- Part-time and full-time associates employed in a benefit-eligible position for at least six months are eligible to apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Classes approved for reimbursement must be taken from an accredited university, college, junior college, business school, or vocational technical school.
- Reimbursement includes tuition, book purchase or rental, required course materials, and lab or class fees.
For questions on the tuition reimbursement program, associates should email Human Resources at email@example.com.