Our Treatment Program
To ensure successful total knee and hip replacement surgeries, the Center for Joint Replacement has adopted proven practice methods used by several of the nation's top orthopedic hospitals.
Orthopedic surgeons perform all knee and hip replacement operations at St. John Broken Arrow on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with four operating suites used exclusively for joint replacement surgeries. Most patients go home within two days, and are walking independently using a walker, crutches or a cane.
Features of our program:
- A comprehensive preoperative orientation class to let you know what to expect and answer your questions. Most patients leave the class feeling less nervous about surgery.
- Nurses and nurse assistants/techs who are specialists in the care of joint patients
- Physical therapists who set individualized goals and implement treatment programs that focus on mobility, strength, endurance, balance, coordination and functional abilities in daily living skills
- An occupational therapist to educate on technique modifications and equipment recommendations to improve independence, safety, and joint protection during activities of daily living as well as work and leisure activities while your new joint is healing
- All private rooms
- Emphasis on group activities as well as individual care
- Family and friends educated to participate as “coaches” in the recovery process
- Coordinated after-care program
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow, from pre-op until post-op and beyond