Few other experiences in life are filled with such excitement as the birth of your children. Whether you are a first-time or an experienced mom, our expert care and warm, personal attention will give you peace of mind during this special time.
Labor & Delivery
- We invite your significant other and up to two additional people to be present for the birth of your baby.
- Experienced labor nurses will assist you with the use of birthing balls and labor positioning.
- After delivery, early skin-to-skin contact is encouraged. Skin-to-skin contact with your baby helps stabilize their temperature, heart rate and breathing; plus it just makes them happy.
- For stable infants, bathing and assessments are performed in your labor and delivery room where siblings, family members and friends can be part of your experience.
Family Centered Cesarean Section
- We strive to involve the mother and father in the cesarean section birth experience as much as possible. To do this we have incorporated a surgical drape with a "window" that allows for viewing or even touching of the infant immediately after birth.
- Skin-to-skin contact is also encouraged in the surgical suite and a nurse will provide one-on-one attention to you and your child during this crucial bonding time.
- Following recovery, the infant is bathed and assessed at your bedside where you and your family can be present for your baby’s first special moments.
Mother Baby Care
- To promote family bonding with the infant, we encourage 24-hour rooming in.
- Each mother will receive a time capsule with mementos of baby’s birth.
- Experienced nursing care/education for you and your infant.
- A Level 2 nursery and qualified staff to care for sick newborns.
- We provide comprehensive inpatient services during your stay when you’re baby is born, as well as outpatient consultations afterward by appointment. Our breastfeeding and lactation consultants are certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE). Your lactation consultant will guide you through the process of breastfeeding and help you reach your personal breastfeeding goals.
- Jane Phillips is a donation site for the Oklahoma State Mothers Milk Bank.
- The Jane Phillips MedCare Pharmacy, located on the first floor of the medical center, offers a variety of breastfeeding products for your convenience. A lactation consultant can help you determine what products will best meet your needs