We know that making the decision to have weight loss surgery is a big one, and we take that seriously. Our team believes that the best way to make the right decision is through education and partnership with your surgeon.
The first required step towards weight loss surgery is attending one of our seminars. They are free, informative and there is no commitment after you attend—just a great way to learn more. Jane Phillips Medical Center offers seminars on the following dates:
- April 12
- June 14
- August 9
- October 11
- December 13
All classes are at 5:30 p.m. at Jane Phillips Medical Center. Pre-registration is required. Please call 918-331-1143 or click here to register online (choose bariatric seminar).
Weight Loss Procedures Offered:
Jane Phillips Medical Center Bariatric program team is here to help you achieve weight loss through surgery. Our goal is to support you in your journey in making changes that support a healthier lifestyle. Our team consists of a surgeon, RN bariatric coordinator, registered dietitian, exercise physiologist, psychologist and inpatient hospital staff.
The comprehensive surgical option includes visits with the bariatric coordinator, dietitian, exercise physiologist, psychologist and, if needed, sleep specialists, cardiologists and a gastroenterologist.
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
The following criteria can help determine if you are eligible for bariatric surgery:
- Based on your height and weight, if your body mass index (BMI) is 40 or above, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery.
- If your BMI is 35 or higher and you have other medical conditions complicated by obesity, you may be a candidate for surgery.
Click here to calculate your BMI.
For those who want to lose weight but prefer a non-surgical approach, or if your health insurance provider does not cover bariatric surgery, we also offer a non-surgical weight loss program.
- Medical nutrition therapy with a registered dietitian
- Exercise program with an exercise physiologist