CyberKnife® offers many unique benefits for cancer patients and those with benign tumors, vascular malformations and trigeminal neuralgia (cranial nerve pain).
- Revolutionary - CyberKnife® can treat previously inoperable tumors and lesions.
- Non-surgical – The sophisticated CyberKnife® robotics and modern imaging information eradicate internal tumors without the need for incisions or invasive procedures.
- Accurate - CyberKnife® continually tracks the tumor and adjusts treatment beams to accommodate patient movement and breathing, minimizing damage to nearby healthy tissue.
- Painless - CyberKnife® is non-invasive, painless and eliminates the risks associated with open surgery.
- Frameless - The revolutionary precision of CyberKnife® eliminates the need for metal head frames used in traditional radiosurgery.
- Outpatient Treatment - Hospitalization is typically unnecessary.
- Convenient - Most patients will require three to five treatments and some only a single treatment. Treatment times range from 60 to 90 minutes.
- No Recovery Time - Following treatment, a patient can resume normal activity including work and sports.
CyberKnife® treatment is not appropriate for all cancer patients. To learn more, please contact your physician or the St. John CyberKnife® Center at 918-744-2777. To submit a question electronically, please complete the form below.