Independence, Kansas Healthcare
St. John Health System is committed to providing healthcare services to Independence and the surrounding communities.
St. John Health System is honored to serve the Independence community, offering primary and specialty care clinics, a diagnostic lab, and a fitness center.
An overview of St. John services is as follows:
St. John Clinic Convenient Care
At your service in your neighborhood…
Offering the quality St. John Clinic care you know and trust, we now offer expanded hours and the ability to see a healthcare provider without an appointment. St. John Clinic is proud to serve Southeast Kansas with comprehensive primary care expertise. Every member of the St. John Clinic team is part of a larger mission to provide an integrated approach to care for every phase of your life and every person in your family.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
800 W. Laurel, Independence, KS
Tonya Kendrick, APRN-CNP
Kala Hillery, APRN-CNP
Visit Convenient Care for:
- Asthma attack (minor)
- Cold, flu, fever
- Sore throat
- Sprains, strains
- Minor fractures
- Nausea, vomiting
- Minor burns
- Minor lacerations
- Pink eye
- Rash, poison ivy
- Insect bites
St. John Clinic
St. John Clinic provides access to approximately 500 primary and specialty medical providers in more than 95 convenient locations throughout northeastern Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
- St. John Clinic is located at 800 W. Laurel and features family medicine, OB/GYN, cardiology, Radiology and laboratory Services.The Clinic is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- James Carver, MD, Family Medicine
- Gary Dysktra, DO, Cardiology
- Emily Bolinger, APRN-CNP
- Jodi Oder, APRN-CNP, Family Medicine
- Chelsea Vargas, APRN-CNP, OB/Gyn, Pediatrics
- To make an appointment, please call 620-332-3280.
- St. John Kids Immunization Clinic
- Every Wednesday
- 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Children up to 19 years of age
- Most insurances accepted
- Administered by Kathy Schwarz, RN
- VFC Immunization Provider
- To make an appointment, please call 620-332-3280
Jane Phillips Medical Center
Located in Bartlesville, Okla., Jane Phillips Medical Center is a 140-bed hospital providing extensive medical services, which include cancer, cardiology, diagnostic, surgical, maternal services, and more.
Jane Phillips Medical Center operates the Health for Life fitness Center located at 2011 N. Penn. The Jane Phillips Health for Life fitness center is staffed Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and members have 24 hour access. Services include:
- Personal training
- Cardio training machines
- Strength-training machines
- Certified lifestyle and weight management consulting
- Group fitness classes
- Prizms Hair and Nail Salon
- Free parking
- Phone Number: 620-331-7250
Jane Phillips Medical Center offers two imaging services locations with one phone number to call 918-331-1598. Imaging services offered include x-ray, CT, MRI, 3-D mammography, ultrasound, bone density, fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine, Positron Emission Tomography (PET), and interventional radiology. All imaging tests are read by board certified radiologists.
Jane Phillips Imaging Services Locations:
- Jane Phillips Medical Center
Diagnostic Imaging Department
3500 SE Frank Phillips Blvd.
Bartlesville, OK 74006
- Jane Phillips Imaging Center
2661 SE Washington Blvd.
Bartlesville, OK 74006
To schedule a screening mammogram or to obtain images, please call 918-331-1598.
Regional Medical Laboratory (RML)
RML is owned and operated by St. John Health System and is a nationally-renowned commercial pathology laboratory, providing testing services for many hospitals and thousands of clients within a four-state region.
RML has a wide network of collection and testing locations and has a Patient Service Center conveniently located for the Independence, KS community and surrounding area. RML has been in Independence, KS for over 17 years.
RML associates who provide the phlebotomy and in-house laboratory testing services are members of the Independence community and are proud to represent and serve their community.
- RML offers lab services at 219 N. 14th St. B, and within the St. John Clinic located in Independence, KS.
- Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The phone number is 620-331-8825.