Nurse Externship Program
THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS SENIOR-LEVEL NURSING STUDENTS TO ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING.
About the St. John Extern Program
Through the precepting process, participants will provide quality, holistic care to all clients of St. John Medical Center.
- Senior-level nursing student (eligible to graduate within two semesters from an associate or bachelor degree nursing program)
- Must be able to work the minimum hours required each semester
- GPA 3.0+ (verified by official transcript)
- Must write a one page essay answering “Why have you chosen nursing as a career?”
- Meets all requirements of employment
- Online employment application
To apply for the program, please complete a senior nursing assistant application by clicking here.
For more information, please call our candidate care line at 1-855-778-6037.