Benefits Offered to St. John Associates
St. John Health System offers competitive salaries, a nurturing working environment and a comprehensive benefits package to our valued associates.
Below is a list of the benefits our associates enjoy.
The following benefits are available to associates on the first day of the month following the date of hire:
- Health Insurance — A managed health care plan is available to full-time and part-time associates who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week.
- Dental Insurance — Delta Dental is available to full-time and part-time associates who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits are available to associates’ qualified family members such as a spouse and dependent children.
- Associates may elect to pay for health, dental and/or vision premiums with pre-tax dollars.
- Vision Insurance — VSP is available to full-time and part-time associates, who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week. Enrollment is voluntary and premiums are withheld on a pre-tax basis.
- Flexible Spending Accounts are available to full-time and part-time associates who are authorized to work 20 hours or more per pay period. The Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA Section 125) enables associates to pay for qualified out-of-pocket healthcare expenses not covered by insurance plans with pre-tax dollars deducted from your pay check. The Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA Section 129) enables associates to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified day care expenses at the Chapman Child Learning Center and other licensed day care providers – child or elder care.
- Life Insurance — Full-time and part-time associates scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week, are eligible for company-paid group term life insurance in the amount of two times their annual base rate, rounded to the next $1,000 up to a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) — Full-time and part-time associates who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week, are eligible for company-paid AD&D Insurance in the amount of two times their annual base rate rounded to the next $1,000 to a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Voluntary Supplemental Life, AD&D and Dependent Life — Full-time and part-time associates working at least 20 hours per week, may elect additional life insurance for themselves and their qualified dependents by paying competitive group rates through payroll deduction.
The following benefits are available to associates on their date of hire:
- 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity — In addition to contributions made to a retirement plan on your behalf (see "Retirement Plan" information below), associates at our not-for-profit entities may elect to contribute to a 403(b) plan. These individual pre-tax retirement savings are made through convenient payroll deductions. There is a 50-cents on the $1 company match up to 3% (annual limit – 3% of the current IRS compensation limit).
- 401(k) Plan — Associates at our for-profit entities may elect to contribute to a 401(k) plan. These individual pre-tax retirement savings are made through convenient payroll deductions. There is a 50-cents on the $1 company match up to 3% (annual limit – 3% of the current IRS compensation limit).
Other great benefits come as you continue your service with St. John:
- Long-term Disability Insurance — Full-time associates are enrolled in company-paid Long Term Disability after one year of service. After six months of disability, you may receive pay up to 60 percent of your pre-disability wage. This amount is offset by other income such as social security.
- Retirement Plan — To help associates plan and save for retirement, St. John contributes a percentage of your annual earnings to a retirement plan. Associates are eligible for contributions, following one year, with at least 1,000 hours of service. There is no age limit.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) — New full-time associates accrue 21 PTO days a year. One additional PTO day is accrued for every year of service (up to 31 PTO days). Part-time associates working at least 16 hours a week accrue according to the actual hours worked. Paid time off is used to pay for time away from work due to holidays, vacation or other personal time off. Paid time off begins accruing as soon as you start work and are available to use the first day of the pay period following a 3-month waiting period.
- Short-term Disability Insurance — Accrued at the rate of approximately four hours a month for full-time associates. Part-time associates working at least 16 hours a week accrue according to the actual hours worked. Short Term Disability hours begin accruing as soon as you start work and are available for eligible reasons on the first day of the pay period following a six-month waiting period after you are hired.
- Educational and Military Leaves of Absence — Retention of accrued benefits and job tenure.
- Family and Medical Leaves of Absence — Up to 12 weeks leave per rolling 12-month period with retention of benefits and job tenure after one year and 1,250 hours worked.
- Service Awards — Associates are recognized for valued service at 5, 10, 15, 20 plus years of service.
Benefits offered to all associates when you join St. John:
- Credit Union — Located in the basement of Davis Tower and at 13th and Lewis Avenue, the Credit Union offers checking and savings accounts and variety of loans.
- Health Club Discount — Membership is available to all associates at a significantly discounted rate.
- Free Parking
- Cafeteria Discounts
- Shift/weekend — Eligible associates working 3-11 p.m., 11 p.m.-7 a.m. or weekend shifts will receive a differential.
- Employee Assistance Program — Professional counselors assist with personal situations, short-term counseling, information and referral to community resources on a completely confidential basis.
- Pharmacy Discount — Many prescription drugs and some over-the-counter medications are available to associates for a minimal fee at the employee pharmacy.