Their Own Bed. Their Favorite Pillow.
Our non-profit hospice provides palliative care and symptom management to patients and families who are facing a life-limited illness. Hospice services assures patient and family comfort when medical cure of an illness is no longer possible.
Each hospice patient has a team of experts working together to deliver the best medical care, pain management, emotional and spiritual support. Hospice team members are on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
St. John Hospice Philosophy
- Death is a normal part of life.
- We neither hasten nor postpone death.
- No one should be in pain. Pain control is not addiction.
- Excellent patient care need not be expensive.
- You matter to the last moment of your life.
- We do not dictate a value system but serve people where they are.
- The patient and his/her family is the unit of care.
Choose St. John Hospice
There are many factors to consider before choosing hospice care.
- Experience - St. John Hospice is the oldest hospice in Tulsa, offering more than 20 years of experience to the communities of northeast Oklahoma.
- Flexibility - The St. John Health System makes it easy to transition among services. St. John Hospice coordinates with St. John Home Health, St. John Medical Center, and other health system components to assure you receive seamless care.
- Quality - St. John Hospice is certified by Medicare, accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, and adheres to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organizations (NHPCO) Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. St. John Hospice is a Quality Partner of NHPCO.
- Cost - St. John Hospice admits any eligible patient regardless of ability to pay or coverage by Medicare or private insurance.
If you have concerns about patient care and/or safety regarding St. John Hospice that have not been addressed, please contact us at 918-747-4428. If your concerns are not resolved, please contact The Joint Commission, 1-800-994-6610.