St. John Home Health is a short-term skilled care and nursing service that helps you readjust to your home or assists in your full recovery after a stay in the hospital. We endeavor to make your transition from hospital to home as smooth as possible.
St. John Home Health is state-licensed, certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and a member of the Oklahoma Association of Home Care.
Who Needs Home Health?
Patients with physical limitations who cannot adequately care for themselves once they leave the hospital can benefit from Home Health. We assist with a number of concerns, from personal hygiene to ostomy and tracheotomy management.
Your physician will evaluate your situation and determine which Home Health services are appropriate for you.
Why Choose St. John Home Health?
- It’s one of Tulsa’s first home health services.
- As a department of St. John Medical Center, the transition from hospital to home care is smooth.
- Home Health offers a large staff of professionals, including registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, medical social workers and certified nursing assistants.
- Our staff pursues ongoing education on the newest procedures, equipment and medications.
- You maintain easy access to all services provided by St. John Health System.
Medicare and Medicaid Rankings
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services collects data on home health agencies and how well they help their clients. To see how St. John Home Health ranks, visit www.cms.gov. St. John Home Health has one of the highest rankings in Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Home Care Association
The Oklahoma Home Care Association publishes information on choosing a home health agency and other information about home care. Visit www.oahc.com and click on “Consumer Information.”
Regular office and services hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Weekend and holiday service is provided based on the patient’s condition and plan of care. After-hours triage is provided by an on-call nurse at 918-747-7901.
Referrals to St. John Home Health may come directly from family members, friends, healthcare professionals or the patients themselves. Every case is assessed by the patient’s physician to determine appropriateness for home health care.