Swing Bed Program
Jane Phillips is committed to the continued recovery of patients who no longer need the level of medical care provided in an acute care hospital, but are not yet well enough for discharge to their homes. Our swing bed program incorporates skilled nursing with physical rehabilitation to help patients meet their maximum potential.
Who can benefit from swing bed care?
- Patients with rehabilitation needs after orthopedic surgery or fractures
- Patients with rehabilitation needs after having a stroke
- Patient receiving IV medication therapy
- Patient with wound care needs
- Patients with impaired strength and balance limiting their mobility and daily activities
Skilled care is provided when you need specialized nursing or rehabilitation staff to evaluate, treat and manage your care. Examples of skilled services include intravenous medications, wound care and physical therapy. Patients most often stay in the program until they can safely continue their rehabilitation at home or at another location.
The swing bed team consists of the following health care disciplines based upon each patient’s individual needs:
- Physician—Your attending physician will be a hospitalist or your primary care physician if he/she follows you as an inpatient. They will admit you, be available at all times, and personally visit you at least weekly.
- Registered nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapist
- Speech therapist
- Therapeutic recreation specialist
- Respiratory therapists
- Registered dietitians
- Diabetic specialist
- Wound care specialist
- Case manager
- Diagnostic imaging
For more information or to inquire about our swing bed program, please call 918-331-1970 or 918-331-1439.