Independence, Kansas Healthcare
St. John Health System is committed to providing healthcare services to Independence and the surrounding communities.
St. John Health System assumed operations of Mercy’s Independence-based primary and specialty care clinic, diagnostic lab, imaging services, fitness center and retail pharmacy. St. John Clinic, including primary care and specialty physician practice clinics, Jane Phillips MedCare Pharmacy, and Jane Phillips Health for Life fitness center. Regional Medical Lab (RML) services will maintain operations at their current location while new construction takes place.
An overview of St. John services is as follows:
St. John Clinic Convenient Care Opening February 20, 2017
At your service in your neighborhood…
Offering the quality St. John Clinic care you know and trust, we now offer expanded hours and the ability to see a healthcare provider without an appointment. St. John Clinic is proud to serve Southeast Kansas with comprehensive primary care expertise. Every member of the St. John Clinic team is part of a larger mission to provide an integrated approach to care for every phase of your life and every person in your family.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday 8:00am – 8:00pm
800 W. Laurel, Independence, KS
Visit Convenient Care for:
- Asthma attack (minor)
- Cold, flu, fever
- Sore throat
- Sprains, strains
- Minor fractures
- Nausea, vomiting
- Minor burns
- Minor lacerations
- Pink eye
- Rash, poison ivy
- Insect bites
St. John Clinic
St. John Clinic provides access to approximately 500 primary and specialty medical providers in more than 95 convenient locations throughout northeastern Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
- St. John Clinic opened a clinic at 800 W. Laurel featuring Family Medicine, Women's Health, Cardiology, Radiology Services and Laboratory Services.The Clinic is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Charles Empson, MD, Family Medicine
- James Carver, MD, Family Medicine
- Gary Dysktra, DO, Cardiology
- Amanda Stice, APRN-CNP, Family Medicine
- Jodi VanEaton Oder, APRN-CNP, Family Medicine
- Chelsea Vargis, APRN-CNP, Women's Health/Pediatrics
- To make an appointment, please call 620-332-3280.
- St. John Kids Immunization Clinic
- Every Wednesday
- 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Children up to 19 years of age
- Most insurances accepted
- Administered by Kathy Schwarz, RN
- VFC Immunization Provider
- To make an appointment, please call 620-332-3280
Jane Phillips Medical Center
Located in Bartlesville, Okla., Jane Phillips Medical Center is a 140-bed hospital providing extensive medical services, which include cancer, cardiology, diagnostic, surgical, maternal services, and more.
- Jane Phillips Medical Center provides imaging services at 219 N. 14th, Suite A. Services offered include:
- Dual-energy X-ray absorption (DEXA)
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Digital Mammography
- Most imaging services require a physician order; however, mammograms may be scheduled without a physician order.
- For more information, call 620-332-3226.
- Jane Phillips Medical Center operates the outpatient retail pharmacy, Jane Philips MedCare Pharmacy. The pharmacy is conveniently located inside the St. John Clinic building at 800 W. Laurel and offers the following:
- Full retail prescription services and over-the-counter medications (OTC) for all ages
- Immunization services (flu, pneumonia, etc.) for patients 6 and older, no appointment needed. Medicare Part B billing available for covered immunizations
- Patient-centered care
- Medication therapy management
- Competitive pricing
- Accepts most commercial and Medicare Part D medication plans
- Counseling for Medicare Part D prescription plans available
- Prior authorization initiation and follow-up
- Prescription transfers made easy
- Convenient drive through window
- Local delivery
- Rewards program offering discounts for OTC items (when an established point volume is met)
- Pharmacists: Susan Rogers, RPh, BCPS; Bill Sorrells, RPh; Shari Wood, Pharm.D, BCPS
- Technicians: Kristin Keenan, Cindy True and Sharon Neeley
- Conveniently located in the St. John Clinic building
- Open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Phone Number: 620-330-8282
- Fax Number: 620-330-8284
- Jane Phillips Medical Center operates the Health for Life fitness Center located at 2011 N. Penn. The new name will be Jane Phillips Health for Life. The Jane Phillips Health for Life fitness center is staffed Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and members have 24 hour access. Services include:
- Personal training
- Cardio training machines
- Strength-training machines
- Certified lifestyle and weight management consulting
- Group fitness classes
- Prizms Hair and Nail Salon
- Free parking
- Phone Number: 620-331-7250
Regional Medical Laboratory (RML)
RML provides onsite inpatient laboratory services for St. John Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma as well as outpatient laboratory services for other hospitals, clinics and physician offices in the Tulsa metropolitan area, northeastern Oklahoma, south and western Oklahoma and southeast Kansas.
- Regional Medical Laboratory offers lab services at 800 W. Myrtle, directly across the street from St. John Clinic.
Looking for a health speaker for your club, organization or business? Call 918-331-1405 to schedule a speaker and topic and/OR to provide an update on healthcare offerings from St. John Helath System, St. John Clinic and Jane Phillips Medical Center.