about st. john health system - we are ascension
This has been our mission for more than 90 years, and we are committed to making you stronger and healthier. We are a fully-integrated healthcare system encompassing seven hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas.
We also have an array of partner and subsidiaries healthcare facilities. In all, we’re serving more than 3,500 patients every day.
St. John hospitals:
- St. John Medical Center
- St. John Owasso
- St. John Broken Arrow
- St. John Sapulpa
- Jane Phillips Medical Center
- Sedan City Hospital
- Nowata Hospital
Other St. John Health System facilities:
- St. John Clinic, a team of more than 400 primary care and specialty physicians serving patients in 95+ clinic locations throughout northeastern Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas
- St. John Villas senior living centers
- St. John Urgent Care centers
- A variety of outpatient treatment centers
We’re proud of our health system, and we strive to improve every day. Some of our successes include having Oklahoma’s only ACS Level II trauma center and northeastern Oklahoma’s only Joint Commission-accredited stroke center. We have one of Oklahoma’s only accredited women’s diagnostic imaging centers of excellence. St. John brought many advanced technologies to Tulsa, including the first endovascular operating suite, all-digital diagnostic radiology, the da Vinci surgical robot and the CyberKnife non-invasive radiation system.
St. John Medical Center is Tulsa’s first Magnet-recognized hospital for excellence in nursing, and it was recently ranked a top Oklahoma hospital in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-2013 Best Hospitals rankings. We were also named a 2012-2013 Consumer Choice Award Winner by the National Research Corporation.
These achievements reflect what is in the hearts of our experienced staff of doctors, nurses and team members: a commitment to serving northeastern Oklahoma through every challenge and triumph.
We Are Ascension
St. John is a part of Ascension, the nation's largest Catholic and nonprofit health system. Together, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care in our community.
Ascension (www.ascension.org) is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension’s Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Ascension: Did You Know?
- Through Ascension's participation in the Veterans Choice program, Ascension has cared for nearly 8,900 individual veterans through almost 17,500 appointments.
- Last year, 84,751 babies were born in Ascension hospitals. That's an average of 232 babies a day!
- In 2016, Ascension provided $1.82 billion in care to persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
- Through Medical Mission at Home events, Ascension delivers free medical care to those with limited access and who are struggling in the communities we serve. In 2016, 6,243 volunteers participated in events reaching 6,672 participants.
- Ascension has more than 2,500 sites of care in 24 states, including 141 hospitals.